Creative Production Manager
We are looking for a creative production manager to join our team of multi-skilled specialists. As creative production manager you uphold a key position in all ongoing productions. You communicate effectively with both project stakeholders and creatives to ensure that end quality and production process is as satisfactory as possible.
We offer the chance to work in a growing business in a fast-paced industry. You will work with strong, global brands in our studio located in the heart of Gothenburg. We love animals, and have a few office dogs that compliment the working environment, so it’s a plus if you like dogs and don’t have any allergies.
As creative production manager at MFX you are the bridge between creatives, project management and external stakeholders. Your main focus is to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and a smooth running creative team. You help make the production enjoyable, to-the-point and on-time. You do this by facilitating the production as a whole, continuously negotiating with stakeholders, project manager, creatives and external suppliers to make sure that everyone is happy and have what they need, when they need it and where they need it. You follow each production from brief to delivery, handling multiple productions side by side.
As creative production manager you will:
- Be a creative dialog partner for clients, creatives and project manager in all production related issues
- Lead review meetings and client presentations, as well as attend brief meetings with clients and other stakeholders
- Collect and organise feedback in close dialog with project stakeholders
- Continuously coordinate time plan, scope and specification with project manager
- Brief creatives at production startup on specification and visual direction, and during production when changes are requested
- Perform visual and technical quality control in dialog with creatives during all stages of the production
- Negotiate and coordinate creative services from external suppliers to be integrated in production
- Support project manager in project planning and follow up on completed projects
- Deliver finished materials and work in a gentle, service minded way to assure that clients have everything they need and are satisfied with the outcome of each asset and the production as a whole
- Send material for technical review with product owners/stakeholders, and make sure that feedback is implemented
- Continuously work to improve all parts of the production in collaboration with project manager, creatives and clients/stakeholders
You are an excellent communicator and active listener who thrives on being helpful through dialog. Your participation in projects naturally make things run super smooth, with continuity in your presence and a humble approach to problem solving. You help increase the end result of all productions without feeling the need of prestige beyond that as a facilitator. In all aspects of your work, you have a high sensitivity to when you should take an active role in leading dialoges and processes, and when to stay in the background, listening attentively. You understand the needs of stakeholders and creatives, and know how to balance these. You might come from a creative job, looking for a position in which the combination of team management and production coordination is your primary focus; Or you have a deep personal interest in photography and image culture, coming from production or project management and are looking to work closer with creatives and image professionals. If we are really, really lucky you already have a professional background in high-end commercial image production.
As a person you are focused, social and creative with high attention to details. You have a solid understanding of contemporary image culture in general, and high-end commercial marketing photography in particular. You are probably interested in the contemporary photography scene, and might visit exhibitions occasionally.
- At least two years of documented production management experience working in advertising/digital agencies, PR or marketing consultancies, film or photography production companies, or other business where you have had a similar role as described above
- An academic degree or higher education diploma relevant to the position (e.g. marketing/business administration or creative/photography/image culture), or comparable professional experience
- Used to independently prepare and present visual material
- An excellent active listener with experience in presenting and analysing visual materials with others
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both spoken and written
- Experience in working closely with project managers
- Highly skilled in gathering relevant information and asking follow-up questions during review meetings, making sure all information is gathered at the end of the meeting
- Used to working close with art directors or other creative clients and stakeholders
- Being highly sensitivity to what, how and when humble soft sale should be made in ongoing projects, balancing the interest of company and that of the clients, coordinating with project manager and creatives on how to best do this
- The ability to further production through flexible and humble leadership of creatives based on active listening and constructive, continuous development
- Ability to foster optimism in others, taking pride in almost invisibly leading the creative team to deliver on time and to specification, and celebrating the team effort on each delivery
- Is a quick learner and knows how to apply this knowledge creatively in all decision making
- You appreciate challenges and solving problems whenever they appear
- It is beneficial to have hands on experience working the automotive industry or other related businesses
MFX are visual storytellers and specialists in the creation of animated and still images that communicate design and functionality. Our clients include communication and digital agencies, internal marketing and design departments, freelance photographers and image agents. Within this network, we have specialised in supplying the automotive business, with a particular focus on cars.
Our long experience using 3D tools allows us to plan, execute and deliver high quality visual material. Using this material, our clients are able to communicate ideas that are otherwise technically or practically difficult to explain or present.